Okay so we all know I love sex! I love talking about it and learning about it and… well you know! 😉 BUT I still think it’s really important to have safe sex! I’m not here to be your mom or anything but if you only knew the gross things out there you would believe me when I say condoms are your best friend!
I know people come up with all different excuses as to why they don’t use condoms and I bet I could come up with arguments as to why none of those are a good enough reason…
1. Condoms are uncomfortable: According to the Daily News, many men think that condoms are uncomfortable because they do not fit properly. Stop being lazy & keep looking for the right ones! They are out there somewhere and once you find the one that fits you well, it will all be worth it.
2. There is another form of birth control being used such as the pill: The pill does not protect against STDs and HIV. Babies are not the only thing you should be worried about. 19 million new infections occur every year!
3. They are too expensive: First of all there are many places that will give away condoms for free such as Planned Parenthood. Colleges also give away condoms like candy at health centers.Secondly, do you have any idea how much a baby costs!? Just the first year could cost over $10,000! A box of condoms costs less than $20. You do the math…
4. They make sex less enjoyable: This brings me back to the wrong size and type. Keep looking!! There will be one that makes sex feel just as great as without a condom and maybe even better!
5. Putting a condom on takes away from the “moment”: There are plenty of ways to incorporate putting a condom on into foreplay. There are even sexy ways to apply a condom so there will never be any lulls in the rhythm of passion.
These are just 5 excuses I have heard people say when the subject of condom usage comes up. As you can see, I came up with solutions for all of them. I’m sure there are plenty more excuses and solutions where those came from.
Plus, condom companies are constantly doing research to see how they can create new condoms to improve your sex life and increase your enjoyment of sex. Have you heard of the new Trojan Ecstasy condoms? Supposedly they feel like you’re not even wearing one!
Sure I know there are also different ways to protect against pregnancy, HIV and other STDs, but this is one of the simplest and cheapest methods. I promise to talk about all the other ways in another post though just so you can have more choices.
So I guess what I’m trying to say is yes, have lots and lots of sex! It’s great!! But please please please BE SAFE!
Sex quote of the day: “An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away.”